Twitter wins #sotu (or the best 5 tweets from last night’s speech)
It is hard to overstate how much more entertaining and engaging twitter has made noble, important yet sometimes kinda boring events like our annual State of The Union. Here are the five best (among many others) tweets from last nights #sotu
(Staight up laughs - not politics - was the only criteria considered in the selection of these tweets)
- @mikebodge: Biden’s gavel is freaking me out. Wood is too white…stain that oak yo. #sotu
- @RebeccaLobo: What makes America great : A black President, white Vice President and orange Speaker. #stateoftheunion #sotu
- @BorowitzReport: To tweet about the President’s speech, use #SOTU. To tweet about Michele Bachmann’s response, use #STFU.
- @theonion: If you have an HDTV, we recommend going to ‘Menu’ and lowering your set’s ‘Saturation’ values 15% to compensate for Boehner #SOTU
- @jzem77 I propose cuts to John Boehner’s glassware budget. #sotu